In June, Chad and I took our first vacation away from Carter. We had such a wonderful time, but I could not get home fast enough on that last day! We had all kinds of problems getting out of the airport, and at the point I thought we wouldn't make it home in time before his bedtime, I actually started to cry. Boy, I've got to get better at this!
When Carter was about seven months old, I was watching him play one day and found myself focusing in on all the adorable little parts of him - his toes, his fingers, his ears, his mouth ... every square inch of him is so precious!
A couple of weeks ago, I got some much needed "girl time" in Destin with Stephanie and Laura, two of my best friends from childhood. We try to take a trip each summer, and we always have so much fun catching up with each other. We were laughing at how each year on our trip one of us seems to be pregnant - I think that has happened for the past four years in a row! This year it was Laura's turn, and she was such a trooper. Who will be next? Hmmm ...
Carter turned eight months old last weekend - unbelievable! He celebrated the day by starting to "army crawl" all over the place. He's having a hard time distinguishing between his toys and Marley's toys, and for some reason Marley's seem so much more interesting. Also, in the past couple of weeks, he has gotten three more teeth to add to the first two he got at five months. He has become quite vocal lately also - lots of ba ba bas, da da das, screeches and spits. Check out the video.
Here's hoping it's not another two months before I'm back ...



No comments:
Post a Comment