Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Everything's more fun with a child

Today was not only St. Patrick's Day but also my birthday. I usually leave for work before Carter wakes up, but on this day I needed some family time! We had a big photo shoot with Carter and Marley and had such a great time.

One of the many things I didn't realize about motherhood is how much more fun everything is. I'm not a huge birthday person, but Carter just made the day so very special. I felt as if I needed to celebrate the day more than usual - whether I wanted to or not - just because of him. And oh how I wanted to spend time with him - you would have thought it was HIS birthday!

Chad did a great job, as usual. He decorated all over the house with green stuff and leprechauns and even a pair of shamrock tights hanging from the chandelier. He took me to Bob's Steakhouse for dinner, ordered a huge chocolate dessert, and still got me a Marble Slab chocolate ice cream cake! The best thing he did, however, was help Carter prepare a birthday card for me. Inside the card was a tracing of Carter's hand as well as a very sweet "note" penned by Carter himself.

1 comment:

Becky Lynch said...

Happy Late Birthday! I am so glad it was a wonderful one. You are so right, being a momma changes your outlook on everything. Life just gets sweeter!